function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BeetFarmerBeetFarmer 

Data Loader 11 ... Assertion failed.

I'm mass updating task ownership for 500 or so tasks to new users through the Apex Data Loader 11.  My csv has two fields: Id, Assigned To.  I do an Update command, map, ect, run and I get 'assertion failed' as the error for each record.  I'm running with SA profile so security shouldn't be an issue.  I want to be able to update these tasks to new users. 
kevinbnpowerkevinbnpower
Do you have code (triggers in particular?) on the task object? If so, and the code contains assertions outside of its test methods that are failing, that may be causing the error.  Consider disabling your triggers temporarily (if appropriate) and then do your upsert.

BeetFarmerBeetFarmer
There are no triggers on activities.  I'm not sure what to do next.  I did an update of one and two records and it worked.  Then did 10, 9, 4 records at a time, and those did not.  I'm wondering if the underlying object the task is on is responsible.
kevinbnpowerkevinbnpower
Workflows, cross-object formulas, triggers, any of these can start a cascading action that generates more overhead than you'd expect, that's usually the first culprit when I run into similar problems...