function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HarryBHarryB 

WebToLead experiencing weird data loss

Hi all,

we just made another WebToLead implementation for a customer - mostly using the HTML form code generated by Salesforce itself.

There are two changes we made:
In the "standard" HTML code the included fields "Campaign_ID" and "recordType" were both selection boxes with several values. The customer just wants one specific Campaign assigned and one fixed Lead-Recordtype set, so we changed both to "hidden" HTML fields with the correct element ID as value.

Now, when you submit this WebToLead a couple of times, there is this odd behaviour on the created Leads:
- Campaign will be set correctly in most of the cases, but it is missing sometimes (no Campaign assigned)
- Lead-Recordtype won't be set at all (defaults to "Standard")

We have checked the code for any typos - without success. How can it be that the functionality of WebToLead is unpredictable (Campaign) or not even existing (Lead-Recordtype)?

Cheers,
Harry
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

I've never experienced any Web-To-Lead problem that turned out to be random. That said, I'm really not sure on the Campaign issue. I could offer up some wild guesses, but perhaps someone here will have a more educated guess.

As for the Record Type problem, I have experienced that problem before. In my case, the problem ended up being that the Profile of my default Web-To-Lead creator (User) did not have permissions for the Record Type that I was trying to assign. Once I updated the Profile, the new Lead records were all assigned to my specified Record Type.

Good luck.