function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
splashgordonsplashgordon 

How do I design a form?

I have a need to design a custom form in Salesforce and don't know how to do it.

I am not talking here about a simple 2 column Salesforce page layout but a multi-column, multi-row form.  The functionality is a timesheet where each row represents a project a user is working on and the columns represent the hours worked on each day of the week.

Underlying the form are individual salesforce timesheet records for each "cell" (e.g. the hours worked on "Project X" on Tuesday, the hours worked on "Project Y" on Wednesday etc.).  These individual timesheet records already exist in our Salesforce org (uploaded from a corporate timesheeting system).  What I am essentially trying to do is to put a front end on the data maintenance of the timesheet records.

What I am trying to replicate is similar to this screenshot https://www.salesforce.com/web-common/assets/doccache/MultiForceDir/01530000000F2l7AAC.gif.

Can anyone help with ideas?

Is this something I develop in Java/HTML.  We are on Enterprise Edition of Salesforce and I will shrtly be purchasing Apex code so I have reasonable access to develop stuff.  I suspect VisualForce would do this form me but I (a) can't wait for that and (b) probably can't justify the cost!

Any pointers/advice welcomed.

Regards,
Gordon.

RickyGRickyG
Gordon -

You are right - Visualforce would handle this well.

You could do it in Java, .Net, Flex or HTML/Javascript, among other options, but that would mean creating the client interface and functionality and using the Toolkit for the language to implement functionality via the API.

Hope this helps.