function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tschatztschatz 

Outbound Message Error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

Hi All,

I've set up a Workflow and Outbound Message to fire when a Contact is added or updated. I know the workflow works because I also update a field when the workflow fires and that works.

I looked in the outbound message queue and the message has this error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

What does this mean?

I'm calling a Webservice and sending it the value of a field on the Contact object.

Thanks in advance.

_t

DevAngelDevAngel
That usually means there are characters before any valid xml on the message.  Try to capture the message and examine the contents.
tschatztschatz
Thank you for the reply. Any guidance on how I could capture the message to examine the contents? I assume you are meaning the message being sent from Salesforce to the Webservice. Correct?

_t
DevAngelDevAngel
Right, thought that was coming from YOUR web service trying to consume the outbound message.

Don't think you can capture that message as of right now.  Try simplifying the contents of the outbound message to determine if there is a data related reason for this.
tschatztschatz
I simplified the value being sent to the Webservice to a simple string "firstname". So the Outbound message is sending the values of two fields on my Contact object the id (default) and the value of the Portal_URL field (which is a long text area). The value is currently set to "firstname" (no quotes).

And still the same error.

I also changed the field to be a text area from long text area and still same error.

_t

Message Edited by tschatz on 12-12-2007 01:04 PM
SuperfellSuperfell
THis is an error generated by Salesforce because the response from your web service listener is not valid xml. One of the many SOAP diagnostics tools (SOAPScope being my favorite, but take your pick), can help you capture and validate your servers response.