function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AxxxVAxxxV 

Suppress email change notification email in sandbox

Is it possible to suppress or somehow avoid the automated email change notification/confirmation email.

In our case - we have an automated job (integration) that loads user records in the sadbox environment. Initially, actual user email addreses were loaded. Now we need to replace them with a "fudged" emails, so users do not receive any email, BUT when we update the email oa user record, the notification email will go out to the old email address.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Message Edited by AxxxV on 03-10-2009 12:53 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf

Go to Help & Training and look up the article entitled:

"How do I add additional domains to the allowed domain list?"

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf

Go to Help & Training and look up the article entitled:

"How do I add additional domains to the allowed domain list?"

This was selected as the best answer
AxxxVAxxxV

Thanks werewolf. This helps.

It appears that  restricting email domains is the only way to avoid this notification. This makes sense for production environments. For the sandbox though, I was hoping there would be an easier way to resolve this.

werewolfwerewolf
Well, it makes sense if you think about it -- the idea is to prevent people from using Salesforce.com as a spam tool, and you could use Sandbox as one just as well as you could use production if these checks weren't in place.
AxxxVAxxxV

Agree. And in our particular case, we should not have created the users with their real email addresses in the first place, then would not even have this issue.