function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cased19cased19 

Duplicate Auto Generated Emails Dispatched

After switching from the Email2Case agent to the new OnDemand Service, we're finding that duplicate auto case notifications are being dispatched. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf

We have not observed that up to now.  Did you perhaps change the "notify owner" setting on Email To Case when you enabled On Demand Email To Case such that both Email To Case and an assignment rule or workflow rule are sending a notification?

Are they two duplicate notifications using the exact same email template?

Are you running the client Email To Case and On Demand Email To Case on the same address at the same time?  That's a no-no -- you can mix them by routing address (i.e. Email To Case processes one address and On Demand Email To Case processes the other), but don't run them on the exact same address at the same time, or else they'll make dupes.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf

We have not observed that up to now.  Did you perhaps change the "notify owner" setting on Email To Case when you enabled On Demand Email To Case such that both Email To Case and an assignment rule or workflow rule are sending a notification?

Are they two duplicate notifications using the exact same email template?

Are you running the client Email To Case and On Demand Email To Case on the same address at the same time?  That's a no-no -- you can mix them by routing address (i.e. Email To Case processes one address and On Demand Email To Case processes the other), but don't run them on the exact same address at the same time, or else they'll make dupes.

This was selected as the best answer
cased19cased19

Thank you for providing additional places to look and consider. I did find a Workflow and Auto Response rule that ended up meeting the same criteria (slightly different but enough to trigger both rules).

Thanks again!