function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sree007Sree007 

Need help in creating a field in Close Case Page

Hello,

I was trying to create a "Informational" Field in the close page layout. It will inform the users on what type of record they are closing. I created the field. I checked the field accessibility and security and profiles, seems OK. But when I go to close page layout, it does not show that field.

I am able to add to the Case Page Layouts, but not to the Closed Case Page Layouts.

When I checked the accessibility, it showed me where to assign the field in what page layout, but Close page layout is not an option. Only Case Page Layouts are shown, Closed Case Page Layouts are not available in the drop down box.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sree

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

Aha! Because formula fields are automatically calculated, they are read-only on record detail pages and do not update last modified date fields. Formula fields are not visible on edit pages. Case Close page is an edit page.

Best,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Maybe I'm missing something, but when you got to Setup | Customize | Cases | Page Layouts, do you see Case Close Page Layouts section? You should be able to add the field to the Close page by modifying the layout here.

Hope that helps,

Sati

Sree007Sree007

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did and that's how I added the field to the layout. But still it is not showing up in the Close Page Layout.

We have SF Uunlimited version and have ability to add more close page layouts.

The field in this subject is to be added in a customized Closed Page Layout.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sree

Message Edited by Sree007 on 03-12-2009 03:52 PM
shillyershillyer

Two things I can think to check:

1. Click on the Page Layout Assignment button and make sure this layout is being used for your profile

2. Go to your custom Case field and click View Field Accessibility -  check that you don't see Hidden on your profile.

Best,

Sati

Sree007Sree007

Thanks.

I have done these in my initial checking.

I also tested by adding this field into default Close Case Layout but it didn't show up there also.

This is a formula kind of field, with default values does it make any difference?

Thanks

Sree

shillyershillyer

Aha! Because formula fields are automatically calculated, they are read-only on record detail pages and do not update last modified date fields. Formula fields are not visible on edit pages. Case Close page is an edit page.

Best,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
Sree007Sree007

ohhhh...ok...Thanks for the clarification. I then have to remove this feature from my installation.

Thank you

Sree

bernie_at_scibernie_at_sci

I have a similar problem - but it is with the "Close" page layout that is used by the system when mass closing cases. I cannot seem to find how to customize this page layout.  It is not affected by the Close Case Page Layouts on the page layout screen.  Sati, do you  have any idea how to modify the layout?  Specifically, I want to remove the "Case Reason" field and replace it with a custom field we are using on all our Close Case page layouts "Close Reason".

Bernie

CourtesyCourtesy

We have the same question.  Did you ever find a way to edit the default close case page layout? 

If we're on a case and we click close, we get our custom page layout.  That's the one we want.  But if we check the box next to one or more cases on the view and then click close, it takes us to a layout that isn't any of the ones in the Case Close Page Layouts section. 

The fields on the one you get when you get to it from the case list screen has the following fields: Status, Case Reason, and Internal Comments.