function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StefanStefan 

Force.com IDE install failing

I am following the instructions to install Force.com IDE here

Step 3 completes fine

But when I get to step 4. In search results I only see Force.com IDE. I do not see Europe Discovery Site.

If I check Force.com IDE I get the following error message:

Force.com IDE (15.0.0.200902181452) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.html.ui (1.0.0)", or compatible.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, installed several times.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonPJonP

The only scenario I could think of that would explain the site being missing from Step 4 is if you'd already installed everything available, in which case there would be nothing more to show from that site.  But the  dependency message clearly shows that the WST plugin is not installed.

Check the Eclipse log or console output to see if it's throwing any exceptions.  Its Update Manager can be flaky at times, but I've never seen the behavior you describe.

What happens if you only check the Europa Discovery Site and not the Force.com IDE site?  Have you experimented with different Europa mirror sites?

All Answers

JonPJonP

You have to check the box next to "Europa Discovery Site" in Step 3 in order for it to appear in Step 4.

StefanStefan

You have to check the box next to "Europa Discovery Site" in Step 3 in order for it to appear in Step 4.

Sorry if I did not make that clear. I did check the box next to "Europa Discovery Site"

JonPJonP

The only scenario I could think of that would explain the site being missing from Step 4 is if you'd already installed everything available, in which case there would be nothing more to show from that site.  But the  dependency message clearly shows that the WST plugin is not installed.

Check the Eclipse log or console output to see if it's throwing any exceptions.  Its Update Manager can be flaky at times, but I've never seen the behavior you describe.

What happens if you only check the Europa Discovery Site and not the Force.com IDE site?  Have you experimented with different Europa mirror sites?

This was selected as the best answer
StefanStefan

Hi JonP, many thanks for pointing me to the log.

On opening the log it was immediately apparant that our firewall was blocking the install:

"http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.eclipse.org/eclipseMirror/releases/europa/features/org.eclipse.stp.soas.runtime.feature_0.7.0.200710161054-07J-7A55P858M85JG.jar". [Server returned HTTP response code: "403 Forbidden" for URL:

After getting our technical services to unblock the URL the install completed perfectly.

Thanks once again for your prompt response.