function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WhyserWhyser 

Is there a way to synchronize Developer Edition with Enterprise Edition?

I just started using the developer edition for Salesforce because I'm trying to learn how to use APEX.

However, the developer edition is vastly different from my enterprise edition in terms of database schema (custom objects and custom fields).

Does anyone know of any way to make the developer edition instance of Salesforce to look like their enterprise edition? Or is this only available with the Sandbox Edition?

Thanks.
DevAngelDevAngel
Hi Whyser,

Well, you can definitely use sandbox to develop in.  If you wanted to try to make your DE look like your EE, you could take snapshot of your EE to sandbox and try to deploy the sandbox to your DE org.  You may also be able to physically copy the schema and other artifacts one by one.  In either case, the Force.com IDE should help with this.

Cheers
pitoubecpitoubec

Do you mean it is not possible to move from EE to DE directly ?  i.e. without the sandbox extra step ?

I am trying to deploy what I have under the EE into DE with the Force.com eclipse IDE. "Deploy to server" says that I cannot access this org with the (correct!) login info I supply.

Thanks.