function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maddy123Maddy123 

Reports

Hello,

Can we create reports based on multiple objects ( Custom Objects ) ?
What I come across while creating reports is it uses single object, what if we want to prepare report based on data
which is in multple objets?

Please help if anybody has any solution for this.

Thanks.

ArtabusArtabus
Try creating a custom report type, you will then be able to create custom reports based on it.
Menu : Setup | App Setup | Create | Report Types
werewolfwerewolf
You may not even need a custom report type.  When you make a custom object look up to a standard object, and then you go to make a report with that standard object as the basis, one of the report types available will be your custom object.

For example, let's say you have a custom object called "Bill" with a lookup to Account.  When you go to make a report on Account, one of the options you'll see is "Accounts with Bills".  It's as simple as that.

If all your objects are custom objects then you'll want to create that custom report type.
Maddy123Maddy123
Hi,
    Thanks for  feedback.
Actully I want to perform opearation like sum, count on multiple columns may be in different objects.

For example I want to add value of one column in A object and same type column in B object, and place the addition
result in a column which is of C object.

How can I perform such operations during Report creation in salesforce.com ?

While I observed while report creation, such operation are performed on column basis not between multiple columns.

werewolfwerewolf
If you can make a report like "As with Bs and Cs" (provided B and C are both looking up to the same parent object) then you can likely sum together the fields from B and C using a Custom Summary Field in the report.