function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SF@SiemensSF@Siemens 

Edit the "Related To" drop down list

I recently created a button for a task that will email the contact for that specific task.  However, I can't pull any of my task fields because "task" is not an option in "related to" drop down list.  Is there any way to edit that field to add "task" so I can then pull the fields I need?

Thanks,
werewolfwerewolf
No, you can't make a task that's related to a task.
SF@SiemensSF@Siemens
Thanks for the info werewolf.  Is there any way to send an email without utilizing a task so that I can pull the task fields I need?
werewolfwerewolf
You could use the sendEmail function in the API, but you'll notice that there aren't any merge fields for Activity or Task that are available to email templates because you can't send an email from a task (so there's not any way to set the context of the template to the Task to make those merge fields relevant).

You could create a custom object with the fields you want and put a custom button on Task which copies those fields over temporarily to this custom object, sends an email off of it using an email template, and then deletes the temporary custom object.  Or you can just cobble together the text of the email yourself from the fields on Task and not use an email template and send that text using sendEmail.