function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StormConsultingStormConsulting 

Mail merge a linked object

Nobody seems to know anything about mail merging here but I'll try anyway...

I can mail merge my booking object fine, it brings back all of the information into the document. I want to get information that's link to the booking. For example, I need the customers address. The account object is linked to the booking object via the account lookup/id. Is it possible to merge fields from the account object such as address into my document?

Cheers
skapplerskappler

According to SF Help you can....

For formulas that allow you to reference fields on related objects across multiple relationships, the field name is prefixed by the name of the relationship. For standard relationships, the name of the relationship is the master object. For example, you can reference the account name merge field from a contact validation rule using Account.Name; you can reference the phone number of the account creator from an opportunity product formula field using Opportunity.Account.CreatedBy.Phone. For custom relationships, the name of the relationship is the Field Name given when creating the relationship with "__r" appended to it. For example, reference the contact email merge field from a custom object validation rule using the Contact__r.Email merge field name.