function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JasonFJasonF 

Need help-cloning multiple custom object records

I am using the unlimited edition of SalesForce and have an issue with a custom object we're trying to create for an internal customer.  I've created two custom objects for our client implementaion group.  One is for the client currently in Implementation to house their critical data about the implementation.  the second is an object very similiar to the case object, but it is intended to house test cases for that are sued during the implementation.  these test cases are generic cases that will be tailored for each client.

My issue is that one of the business requirements is for the client or implementation analyst to select multiple test cases from the generic library (custom Object "Test Case"), clone them all at once and then assign them to the client (Custom Object "Implementation").  Does anyone know of a way to clone multiple cases at once?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jason

Message Edited by JasonF on 07-18-2008 08:05 AM

Message Edited by JasonF on 07-18-2008 08:05 AM
mvilimekmvilimek

Did you figure this out, or get any help? 

I have the same problem that I need to resolve as well. 

CloudboxCloudbox

I am also looking a for solution to this question.

I would like to input a number then click a create button, -> to create the amount of records specified in an auto-number sequence.

So that creating a record individually creates the autonumber record REC-{0003}

If I were enter a record and select 7 records to clone, I would like to enter "7" in a field and press the button and clone the record across

REC-{0004}

REC-{0005} 

REC-{0006} 

REC-{0007} 

REC-{0008} 

REC-{0009} 

REC-{0010} 

Is this sort of thing easliy configurable or does it require APEX coding?