function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BRBBRB 

Sending Email

Hello,

I am using the "send email" with an email template containing info pulled from custom object.  It looks like I can send the email to one primary person and CC/BCC either internal users or contacts that are associated with the account from which the email is being sent from.

My question is this.  I woud like to include more that just internal users/contacts associated with the account.  While I understand that I can manually add individual email addresses into the "Additional to" field.  Is there a way to automate this process instead of manually typing each receivers' email (a la mass email functionality)?

thanks

The_FoxThe_Fox
Hello,

Yes there is one.

You can create a custom scontrol wich mimicing the email form or integrate in a div of your scontrol the emailauthor.jsp and with a bit of the ajax toolkit you can add whoever you want in the "to" or "additionnal to" or "cc" or "bcc" fields.

If you want some info you can email me chumbert at odyssey-group dot com

PS: For salesforce.com people, I have a custom s-controls wich you may want to pulish in your blog. Staring from a related list, my scontrols allow you to add multiple items (even contacts) and see what you have added on the same page. (CSS+Javascript+AJAX of course) So email me, if you wants the files

Regards

Message Edited by The_Fox on 09-23-2005 09:52 AM

thormagthormag

Could you send me these scontrol files for setting up customized email templates?

Can we make the from email address specific per email template rather than being the email address of the user?

We are also struggling with the many to many relationships we are tracking work orders which are created under a person(customer) and then need several suppliers associated with it. Emails need to be sent out to a supplier with copies to some of the other suppliers that interact with the project.

It seems reading your thread you may have some of the scripts that could help us do this.