function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tantan 

Sample web link/sControl to create opportunity from Account page layout

Would I need to use an scontrol to create an Opportunity from the account page layout screen?

I want to have a 1 click option to create a renewal opoportunity based on details in teh account record. I was not sure if I could do this with just a web link or need to use an scontrol.

Any chance someone would have an example they could post?

Thanks
Ron HessRon Hess
a simple WIL will do this, you start the WIL with something like this

/006/e?

then use the field names from the opportunity edit page and the values from the account ( {!Account_Name} , ..)
so,

opp4={!Account_Name}

gives :

/006/e?opp4={!Account_Name}&opp4_lkid={!Account_ID}

i throw in the account_ID so that the system won't complain if there are duplicate named accounts ( it happens...)
tantan
Thanks Ron, I know it may be simpel but its a big help to get me started.

2 questions...
- Is the list of Opportunity fields on the edit screen availabe in the api documentation? You listed opp4 and opp4_lkid.
- Would there be a way to auto save the first screen and move directly to the save&add product screen?

Thanks for the help.
Ron HessRon Hess
- Is the list of Opportunity fields on the edit screen availabe in the api documentation? You listed opp4 and opp4_lkid.

no, i use View ->Source in the Browser
or in firefox, right click on the edit page and look for "View Page Info" , then find the forms tab.

- Would there be a way to auto save the first screen and move directly to the save&add product screen?

add "save=1", to the end of your args list

to move to the next step, you would construct "retURL=/somethingnew", which normaly tells the app where to go when it's done "saving".

post it when you are done!