function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Book_GuyBook_Guy 

Approval Process - Actual Approver

Hi All

I am working with the Approval Process and have the following question:  Is there a way to report on the "Actual Approver" field (located in the Approval History section) if not is there a way to transfer the value from the Actual Approval field to a field on the object.

TIA

David

StephaneTStephaneT
Just do a lookup relationship on the object . where the parent is the actual approver and the child is the field you want to create on the object
Semira@gmail.comSemira@gmail.com
@StephaneT He's not talking about a custom object Actual Approver. He is talking about Approval History which has a field called Actual Approver. 

Since this is an old post, I didn't bother to reply back when I found the answer. But let's reply since many new developers like myself may tumble over this post. 

There is no way to report on Approval Process or Approval History. The only way to go about this is write a trigger. The object is called ProcessInstance for pending approval. To get information about approvals those are already approved, you use the object called ProcessInstanceHistory. 

To get the actual approver, in my case: I wrote a condition to check whether the process status is approved. Then I assigned a custom field to ActorID[0] from StepsAndWorkitems.

Here's the link to read more: 
https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_processinstance.htm