function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
courtneybcourtneyb 

Copy fields values within same object (auto refresh)

Hello,

My organization has multiple address fields on one of our contact record types (4 to be exact--Mother, Father, Guardian, Emergency).  To make data entry easier, once someone enters the first address on the record (Mother), I'd like the record to automatically refresh and populate the remaining three address fields with the same information.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Courtney

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
courtneybcourtneyb

I'm not sure I have the technical know how to add JavaScript in there but the workaround does make sense.  I think I'll try that. 

Many thanks!

All Answers

DluDlu

to automatically copy the values over real time, you'd have to put some javascript in there, which would require overwriting part of your layout, which is a bit of a pain if you're using standard contact layouts. 

an easy work around is to create a "copy address to all other fields" checkbox and have a workflow that will update the other addresses if the checkbox is clicked. only limitation is that the end-user won't see those fields populated until after you save the record and the workflow fires. 

courtneybcourtneyb

I'm not sure I have the technical know how to add JavaScript in there but the workaround does make sense.  I think I'll try that. 

Many thanks!

This was selected as the best answer