function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ferenikferenik 

"External who" profile

Hi,

in my sandbox environment someone has created (the administrator?) a new profile called "External who".

We can't read (edit/delete/clone) the profile details.

Do you know where it comes from?

Thanks

F.

LosintikfosLosintikfos
Have you talked to the administrator about this? and perhaps asked him to get rid of this?
ferenikferenik

Hi Losintikfos,

ehm... I'm the administrator ...and no real user has created it.

LosintikfosLosintikfos
My advice is speak to the support team in salesforce. Get them on the phone and ask them to investigate and if possible get rid of it for you.
Message Edited by Losintikfos on 11-20-2009 06:15 AM
aptasiaptasi

I just ran into the same issue within a production environment (Unlimited Edition): we have a profile called "External Who" that I am unable to access, despite being one of the system administrators.  I just called Salesforce premier support, and they indicated that the External Who profile is related to the "Connection Finder Settings" (see Setup -> App Setup -> Customize-> Salesforce to Salesforce -> Connection Finder).

According to support, the External Who profile is created automatically when Connection Finder Settings are enabled.  it's not enabled in our org, but the profile is apparently not deleted if the setting is enabled and later disabled.  I'm checking with my fellow admins to see if any of them did that. 

I was told we can escalate the case and ask to have the profile deleted.

HTH,
Andrew P. Tasi
PrashPrash

Based on my experience, if you had requested Salesforce a courtesy license of some kind(customer or partner portal)  which has now expired, it would be displayed as unidentified(External Who) type license. The license continues to work until you deactivate the user.