function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mikegraftonmikegrafton 

Can't deploy package

I'm trying to do the simplest possible thing on the Salesforce platform, and I can't get it to work :(

I have two accounts. On my developer account I created an unmanaged package and added a custom field to it (the "Product Interest" field on Lead). I uploaded this package and got a sharing link back.

In another account - a free trial account since I am not a SF customer - I paste in that URL and try to install and deploy that package. Installing works fine, but when it is done installing, the package cannot be deployed. The deploy button is grayed out, and no explanation is given. I tried installing a random free app off AppExchange and this didn't happen - the deploy button was active. So that leads me to believe something is wrong with my package.

Is there something about packaging and uploading my app that I don't understand? Does some kind of vetting by SF need to happen?

Thanks for any help,

Mike 

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

So, what i understand is that your package just consists of a single custom field on Lead object?

Cool_D

mikegraftonmikegrafton

That's right. There was a custom field named "Product Interest" and I just choose that. I don't know yet how to do my own custom fields (that was going to be the next step).

Mike