function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JHAJHA 

joins in SOEL query cant be used while data export using apex data loader.

Hi there,

Since im trying to export data using apex data loader for lookup relationship column im getting 18 digit VSF's id not my actual record. how to get my records instead 18 digit id? 

Any suggestion will be highly appreciable. 

Regards,

Jha 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

Guys,

I just ran the same query for Export process using Data loader and successfully extracted the Contact records with the Account Names as well!!

So, I am sure this will work for you. No need to get into further hassles when the Data loader already does it for you;)

Cool_D

All Answers

Well, did u try writing a relationship SOQL query?

Its like-

Select Name, Account.Name from Contact limit 1;

Here, you are directly getting the "Name" field from account. For any custom relationship, use "relationName__r.fieldName__c"  to get the parent fields in the same query!

Cool_D

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

As far as I have seen, the data loader does not understand relationships (i.e. "select id,account.name from contact" and "select id,(select id,firstname,lastname from contact) from account"). You should export each table individually and merge them in an external application, like MySQL, or use a tool that understands relationships (I believe the Sforce Explorer app does, but I have never used it). Finally, you can always use the reporting tool built in to Salesforce to simply export the records if you're dealing with a one-time export/migration.

Guys,

I just ran the same query for Export process using Data loader and successfully extracted the Contact records with the Account Names as well!!

So, I am sure this will work for you. No need to get into further hassles when the Data loader already does it for you;)

Cool_D

This was selected as the best answer
JHAJHA

Hi Cool_D,

Thanks,you are very much true.

Thanks Again.

Regards,

Jha