function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
striverstriver 

How to disable adding a TAB or customizing the TAB setting in Standard Platform User?

I want my members who are a Standard Platform User not to customize the TAB setting at their own. I want to disable this functionality. I search the user guide for this but find nothing again. Can any one tell how to disable it. Many thanks in advance.
shillyershillyer

Standard Platform User should not be able to create, edit or delete tabs. According to help, the profile permission needed is Customize Application, and I didn't see that perm on the Standard Platform User profile.

Hope that helps,

Sati

striverstriver
So it does mean that it is impossible to disable this functionality for the Standard Platform user?
shillyershillyer

I think I understand what you want, you do not want your users to customize the tabs displayed (not just create new tabs), right? You can't stop the user from customizing the tabs displayed, but you can hide tabs you don't want users to see in the profile. Just edit the Standard Platform User profile and set all the tabs you don't want seen to Tab Hidden and check Overwrite users' personal tab customizations.

Hope that helps,

Sati

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

you can check this checkbox on the Standard User Profile, in the Tab setting section - "Overwrite users' personal tab customizations"

this will not allow the user's to customize the tabs! 

Cool_D 

striverstriver
I done this already, but still the Standard users can still customize the tab setting. It is entirely accessible to them.