function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hamad_amaralhamad_amaral 

Combobox and custom object

Can I create a combobox for a custom object withou code a new VS page?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
In a lookup field, you can also turn on autocomplete so that it drops down a list of potential values while you're typing.  You can't make it render itself as a true combo box, but autocomplete's not bad.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Do you mean literally a combo box (where you can either type information or add it from a list) or do you mean a dropdown listbox?  if you just mean a dropdown list box, all you have to do is add a new custom field of type Picklist, and add it to the page layout.
hamad_amaralhamad_amaral

Right, but a picklist field can only be populated with a pre defined list. It seems to me we can't use a custom object as a souce to a picklist. If I need a custom object I have to use a "lookup relationship". Is this correct? If I have a custom object the only option I have is use a lookup icon to select a value from a popup? I prefer a dropdown rather than a "lookup".

Thanks in advance.

werewolfwerewolf
In a lookup field, you can also turn on autocomplete so that it drops down a list of potential values while you're typing.  You can't make it render itself as a true combo box, but autocomplete's not bad.
This was selected as the best answer
hamad_amaralhamad_amaral

That is not the best solution but it works.

Thanks.