function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
augiewazaugiewaz 

Customer Portal: CAnnot view Account

Hi,

I have created a customer portal in my developer account.

When I am logged in as the Contact from the account, I click on the Account tab and I get an Insufficient Priviledges message.
I am using the standard Customer Portal Profile and I cannot understand why this is happening.

Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance
Warren
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
Right -- you shouldn't really be exposing the Account tab in the portal because portal users can't see accounts.  In Spring '09 there will be one type of portal user who can see an Account, namely the delegated portal administrator, but in the current release this is not an option.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Right -- you shouldn't really be exposing the Account tab in the portal because portal users can't see accounts.  In Spring '09 there will be one type of portal user who can see an Account, namely the delegated portal administrator, but in the current release this is not an option.
This was selected as the best answer
ctraxctrax
Is there no way to expose accounts to portal users?  Customer portal is the only means of authenticating a user coming in from sites and there are other applications besides support where specific accounts would want to be exposed to a portal user.
werewolfwerewolf
Not at the moment, but as I mentioned, in a few weeks there will be a way to do this.
ctraxctrax
Thanks.  I appreciate your response.
spanky340spanky340

Will this include the Contacts tab as well or just Accounts?  

We really need to be able to show a limited view of both.

Cheers. 

werewolfwerewolf
Yes, it includes the Contacts tab.
BenPBenP

I have a similar issue with portal users.  I have shared our accounts (read only) to partner users and have given them the ability to create accounts.  The problem is that the contact info is kept from them for some reason.  I can give their profile permission to create and edit contacts, but it changes itself back.

Thoughts?