function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
InteractiveInteractive 

CTI: Automatic Screenpop on Incoming Interaction

I have written a custom integration to the Phone CTI interface.

I have  experienced some times that the screen pop object (Contact, Lead, Account) is not automatically opened when there is one and only one match for the Query criteria. 

What in the CTI interface drives whether a request will be send to the browser to open the object found in the Query result?  I am seeing the resulting item in the related set and I can click on the link to issue the screen automation, but it is not happening automatically.

I do have my CallCenter setting set to always pop when one match is found.
werewolfwerewolf
CTI will always pop if you have one and only one result in the softphone sidebar.  If the page is busy, the browser is slow, or you're navigating to a page with lots of related lists, you may have to give it a little time though.  Under normal circumstances it begins to navigate to the new page in less than a second.

So the first question would be:

Are you seeing this one and only one unique result in the softphone sidebar?

If you're not seeing any match but you know there's an object that matches, the issue may be just the indexer.  The softphone uses SOSL search, which is based on a text indexer.  The indexer can take a few minutes to reindex a record where you've just set the phone number.  So if you set a phone number to 415-555-1212 and expect it to generate a screen pop 3 seconds later, that probably won't happen, but if you wait about a minute for the indexer to catch up then you should get your pop.
InteractiveInteractive
I had send Lead.Email='myemail@company.com' as a paramAttachedData.  That resulted in two items linked in the softphone control.  Lead and Company.  Though in the CallLog i only see one related object (Lead).  The Company Link appears to be coming from the fact that the Lead is associated to a Company/Account.

I waited for over a minute with no screen pop. 

If i do stricktly a ANI based with no Attached Data i get it to pop the Contact form.
werewolfwerewolf
So wait -- is Company a separate object?  When you look in the softphone layout, what objects are in there?
werewolfwerewolf
Or do you just mean the Company field on lead?
InteractiveInteractive
Yes, the Company Field is showing linked (with an underline) in the softphone, but this appears to be showing because it is the Company of the Lead that was found.
werewolfwerewolf
Hmm.  And presumably when you click on the lead it does navigate to that page, right?
InteractiveInteractive
Yes it does.  I can send my CTI logs if that would help.  Am i able to attach to this message board?
werewolfwerewolf
I don't think you can attach to the boards, but you can just copy in the relevant little section, from the query to the OnCallEstablished.

Oh, one key thing though -- it only pops when the phone is ringing.  So if you answer it immediately, or you have it set to auto-answer, it won't pop.  That may be your problem.
InteractiveInteractive
Yes that is likely my issue.  I have my system setup for auto answer.  How can i override this behavior?  Almost all callcenters use auto answer which means they would all have to manually click for screen pops.
werewolfwerewolf
Well you must be going through oncallringing at least momentarily -- can you get it to stick on that state for about a second before calling OnCallEstablished?  You don't have to show any buttons if you're in autoanswer, just give it a moment to pop before it establishes the call.
InteractiveInteractive
I inserted a 500 millasecond delay and it worked perfectly.  Thanks!
TommyboyTommyboy
Werewolf,

Are you available to assist with a CTI issue and Shoretel?  I have a customer that needs some help and I'm just not an expert in this topic.  Perhaps you might have some resource suggestions for the Bay Area.

Thanks
werewolfwerewolf
If I were having an issue with a Shoretel adapter, my first resort would be Shoretel -- are they not providing the necessary support?  What exactly is the issue you're seeing?
Shree111Shree111
How can I pop up a new Client/Account screen or tab when an inbound call arrives with an client/account number?  Currently, it refreshes the same screen for all inbound call.  We are looking to open a new page or tab for every inbound call. Thanks,

Shree

werewolfwerewolf
Unfortunately you can't do that today -- it only pops into the existing screen.
Shree111Shree111
I heard with new SFDC CTI toolkit it is possible...only need change in our VF pages...I see you have depth knowledge regarding CTI…please can you find out if it is possible or not.
werewolfwerewolf
That is not true.  The new CTI Toolkit does not enable you to pop new pages.
Shree111Shree111
Thanks for the info!