function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
new developer.ax420new developer.ax420 

Eclipse Force IDE Metadata API

Hello Folks,

Trying to use Eclipse Force IDE for the first time.   I get by the login/password/security token and then get

Force.com projects require an organization with the Metadata API enabled.
API is not enabled for this organization or partner.

Can someone let me know what I can do to enable this?   This is a 30 day trial if that matters.

Message Edited by new developer on 12-30-2008 07:47 AM

Message Edited by new developer on 12-30-2008 07:48 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert
I recommend signing up for a free Developer Edition account here: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/events/regular/registration.php?d=701300000009Ur7
And then using those login credentials to setup a Force.com project in the IDE. The Developer Edition orgs will have the metadata api functionality enabled.

All Answers

aalbertaalbert
I recommend signing up for a free Developer Edition account here: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/events/regular/registration.php?d=701300000009Ur7
And then using those login credentials to setup a Force.com project in the IDE. The Developer Edition orgs will have the metadata api functionality enabled.

This was selected as the best answer
new developer.ax420new developer.ax420
Actually, that is what I believe I did.   Could I have disabled the functionality by accident somehow?   Is this an option I can switch or is it set by Salesforce?   If set by Salesforce, is there a way to see if I have the right account type or edition or org type?

Thanks again.

Message Edited by new developer on 12-30-2008 08:39 AM
DelanoDelano

Actually I don't see how you helped to answer this question. Have you tried the process yourself as a developer? I have had the same problem. Please do some research before just answering the question. Anybody else who has a workable solution please provide it below. Thank You

DelanoDelano

I have found the answer. 

Please make sure that the account you are using is a developer account.

Then make sure to request your token by clicking on 'Reset your security token' under: 

Personal Setup My Personal Information
Reset your security token

-Frank

Mayank_agarwalMayank_agarwal
Hello Folks,

Trying to use Eclipse Force IDE for the first time.
I get by the login/password/security token and then get

Force.com projects require an organization with the Metadata API enabled.
API is not enabled for this organization or partner.

Can someone let me know what I can do to enable this?
praveen murugesanpraveen murugesan
Hi,

Salesforce Professional Edition Org types do not allow API access by default (Enterprise and Unlimited Editions do). You can easily determine your edition by logging into Salesforce and hovering over the browser tab. You can contact Salesforce Customer Support to have this feature enabled for an additional fee.

Else yours may be a trial pack create a new org (Developer Edition) with developer.force.com then load into eclipse.

Thanks.

Praveen Murugesan