function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
new developer.ax420new developer.ax420 

api_disabled_for_org

I am getting the message "api_disabled_for_org" when connecting from Force IDE - Eclipse and Sforce Explorer.    I am using the 30 day trial which the way I understand it is the "developer edition".  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is API access supported in the 30 day trial version developer edition?   If not, what is the cheapest version I can buy for 1 developer to get API access and how do I do that?  I am just trying this out at this point and need to use some external tools such as the above.

Thanks!
ad75ad75
It sounds like you have a standard free trial edition, which is time limited and is either a Group Edition or a Pro Edition org, neither of which has API access.  There are various links that take you to the sign up pages, including the ones on www.salesforce.com or login.salesforce.com

The Developer Edition is different, because it is not time limited and it does include API access.  The sign up page for DE is linked from http://developer.force.com/ - click the logo on the left hand side labelled "developer.force.com Get a Free Developer Edition Account".
RyanGuestRyanGuest
If you want to confirm what type of Salesforce organization you have signed up for, just look at the title bar of your internet browser window. If you have a Developer Edition org it will say:
Salesforce - Developer Edition
new developer.ax420new developer.ax420
Thanks for the answers.  It appears that I installed the Professional Edition.   I wonder if there is a way for me to migrate it from Professional to Developer?    I would rather do that than start over in a new space.

Message Edited by new developer on 12-31-2008 12:26 PM