function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CAISFDCCAISFDC 

HELP! We are trying to relate an activity for a lead to a campaign?

The "Related To" field on activities is grayed out when the activity is associated with a lead because of what occurs at lead conversion. Specifically, when a lead is converted the related activities are re-parented to the Contact and the Opportunity which are created by the conversion process. Essentially, the "Related To" field is grayed out because it is 'reserved' for the Opportunity which will be created on conversion of the lead. If users were allowed to populate this field, the entered value would simply be overwritten by the opportunity at lead conversion.

Unfortunately there is not currently an option to create custom fields of type Lookup or Master-Detail on Activities, so you will not be able to create a custom lookup from activities to campaigns.

It may be possible to achieve the desired results using custom code, such as a visualforce component or custom s-control, to simulate a lookup relationship on activities, and an additional visualforce component or s-control on Campaigns to display the activities which were linked via this method. 

Please be advised that the development of custom code is beyond the scope of Salesforce Support. Additional information on developing custom code is available at success.salesforce.com and salesforce.com/developer. Alternately, you can contact your Salesforce Account Executive to discuss having this type of custom code built for you by Professional Services or as part of the Force.com Extensions program.

If you would like to see the ability to associate activities with Leads and Campaigns made available in a future release, I encourage you to visit http://ideas.salesforce.com to promote the existing feature request for "Associate a Task with a Lead AND a Campaign" which can be viewed at http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/23768
werewolfwerewolf
If what you're doing here is quoting what Salesforce.com Support told you, they are right on the money.  Everything you've written there is exactly correct.
CAISFDCCAISFDC

Hello Werewolf,

Thank you for responding.  In the past I have never developed anything like visual force pages, or S-controls etc.  I do not know how to proceed, I am not sure how to develop the tracking of the activities of a lead and track them to a campaign.  Any help you could give me to get started would be greatly appreciated.   How long have you been using Salesforce?  Do you have some great things you have done with your system?  I am really interested in furthering my development of Salesforce and I would love for you to share some of your developments.  We are also looking for enhancements to our Dashboards.  

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

Whiskeylabs 

SuperfellSuperfell
Well, the lead is already associated to campaign via CampaignMember, so do you really need to associate the activity to campaign as well ?
CAISFDCCAISFDC

Hi Simon,

You can relate a contact activity to a campaign, but when you select that you want to relate the activity to a lead it grays it out?  How can I report on all activities for a lead that are related to a campaign if I can't relate a specific lead to a campaign?  Can you help me get started as to how I can relate these items?  I am just learning how to do S-Controls and have not really dealt with visual force yet.

Thanks,

Whiskeylabs

werewolfwerewolf

Oh, is that all, you just want to be able to report on activities from your campaign?  Have you tried making a custom report type on Campaign-Lead-Activity?  Go to Setup->Create->Report Types, set the base object to be Campaign, and then...

Campaign-Lead-Activity