function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CaffeineCaffeine 

CodeShare: How to import CodeShare Projects into my Developer org

I've tried following the instructions here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_Code_Share

Here is what I have done:

1. I've got the code from Code Share

2. It shows up as a project in my Force.com IDE perspective

How do I get this code into my developer org, though?

I have added my Developer Org credentials to the project and done all of the "Sychronize" steps, but the project files just aren't showing up in my Developer Org.  (I can edit and save the files and everything looks like it is going well), the files just don't show up.

Any hints?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonPJonP

Ah, yes. I just looked, and the RSS Feed project was created using a beta (Developer Preview) release of the Force.com IDE.  The project folder structure changed in our GA release (Winter '09 / 13.0) so the "unpackaged" folder under src is no longer valid.

If you move all the folders inside "unpackaged" so that they're directly under "src", remove the "unpackaged" folder, and then Save to Server, it should work.  Of course your connection to the Code Share project won't work anymore, but it sounds like you're just trying to get these files into your Developer organization.

All Answers

JonPJonP

After you check out the files into your Force.com project and add your credentials, try right-clicking on the "src" folder and selecting Force.com > Save to Server.

Also make sure the project is set to Online mode (right-click > Force.com > Work Offline should be unchecked).

If it still doesn't work, do you see any messages in the Problems view in Eclipse?

CaffeineCaffeine

Jon,

Thanks for the reply.  That's the weird thing.  The IDE doesn't complain at all.  It's like 'yep, everything went fine'.  I double-checked the credentials to make sure I wasn't saving the wrong org, but I really do have my Developer Org credentials in there.

Just did it again, went into the web client for my Dev org and they are just not there.

Anyway, thanks for trying.  I'm pretty stumped right now.

JonPJonP

Let's just focus on a specific file to see if we can get that working.  Is there a very simple Apex class, or perhaps a custom object, in the project?

Also it may be worth checking out the IDE log, available from the menubar via Help > Show Force.com IDE Log, to see if there are any messages marked ERROR.  (You can generally ignore WARN and INFO messages.)

CaffeineCaffeine

Jon,

There is an error in the log. 

It says:

Filepath-zip mapping is null or empty for package 'unpackaged' [null] - skipping component generation

Do you know what this might mean?

Thanks.

CaffeineCaffeine
One more thing.  Nothing special about the code.  It's the RSS package that salesforce posted as part of DreamForce.
JonPJonP

Ah, yes. I just looked, and the RSS Feed project was created using a beta (Developer Preview) release of the Force.com IDE.  The project folder structure changed in our GA release (Winter '09 / 13.0) so the "unpackaged" folder under src is no longer valid.

If you move all the folders inside "unpackaged" so that they're directly under "src", remove the "unpackaged" folder, and then Save to Server, it should work.  Of course your connection to the Code Share project won't work anymore, but it sounds like you're just trying to get these files into your Developer organization.

This was selected as the best answer
CaffeineCaffeine

Thanks, Jon.  That was it.

The IDE wouldn't let me move the files in to different folders, so I pulled the code down using Tortoise SVN, moved the folders around on disk and then imported it.  Worked like a charm.

Thanks again.