function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MattFS218MattFS218 

Security Review: is my app a Native or Composite app?

I've built an app that utilizes salesforce, it's an application for cold calling, so it must interface with my external server to initiate telephone calls--however the application (flex), and all database storage is done natively on the force.com platform, and will be hosted in the cloud. The only item I must access an external server for is initiating a telephone call. No user data, or records are ever sent to my servers, just the phone number to inititate a call to. Would I get away with declaring this as a Native app? I'm a small startup, and at this point, paying $5,000 for a security review would be out of the question.

Thanks.

--matt

www.hellohunter.com 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NBlasgenNBlasgen

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Security_Review

A native application cannot make 3rd party calls. If you use API access then it's considered Composite by definition.  The $5,000 Security Review is only for subscription based services.  If you offer your solution free of charge then there is no cost.

Google is introducing free long distance and free everything else.  Save yourself the money :)

All Answers

NBlasgenNBlasgen

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Security_Review

A native application cannot make 3rd party calls. If you use API access then it's considered Composite by definition.  The $5,000 Security Review is only for subscription based services.  If you offer your solution free of charge then there is no cost.

Google is introducing free long distance and free everything else.  Save yourself the money :)

This was selected as the best answer
shillyershillyer

Hi Matt,

Please contact me offline and we can discuss. My email is shillyer@salesforce.com

Best,

Sati