function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SudhanwaSudhanwa 

Assignment of a case to a pre-defined case team

Hi,

I 'm unable to find how to assign a new case to a group of users/contacts i.e. Predefined Case Teams. Kindly help.

Thanks in advance,

Sudhanwa.

werewolfwerewolf
At the bottom of each Case assignment rule entry, there's a step where you can add predefined teams to it.  That's all you have to do.
SudhanwaSudhanwa

Thanks a lot. But further, after I add a pre-defined case team to a case, I have to create an assignment rule such that whenever a case is raised/created, an email is sent to all the users/contacts in the pre-defined case team. How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Sudhanwa. 

werewolfwerewolf
You would send an email to the members of the case team using a Workflow Email Alert.
SudhanwaSudhanwa
In your first reply, you specified how we add a pre-defined case team to a case. But when I did so, I did not receive any email, nor did any of the users who were in the pre-defined case team. Did I miss something?
werewolfwerewolf
Assignment of people to a case team currently does not generate an email, but you can make a workflow on Case which fires when Case is created that will email the case team.
SudhanwaSudhanwa

Hey Werewolf,

Thanks for the reply man. It helped.

Suhas JainSuhas Jain

1. make sure "Case Team" is added in your case page layout. (Setup > Cases > Page laypout(cases) > related list > drag and drop the case team related list. )

2. Go to the case you want to assign to the pre-defined case team. 

3. From the related list "case team" click "update case team members ". select "user" from the drop down. Click on the lookup icon. Select the user to want to assign the case to. and click save. 

you have assigned a case team to your case.