function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lsatonylsatony 

approval process tasks

hi,

I setup a few approval processes and my "approver" user is telling me that

• they recieve a task when the record is submitted for approval (this is good)
  • they recieve another task after approving the record (this is bad)

I reviewed my approval processes and didn't see anywhere were a task was set to be created after the user approved.  Am i missing something?  Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!!

shillyershillyer

Are you sure you didn't setup any Final Approval Actions?

Hope that helps,

Sati

lsatonylsatony

thanks for the reply.

i do have final approval actions setup, email alert and field update, but no tasks.  I don't know why my user is recieving another task after approving the request.

SlanganSlangan

There are four places that could be setting the task -

1. The initial approval actions (this area is above the Approval Steps area. These steps execute as soon as the approval process is started, regardless of approval or rejection)

2. Within the approval step ( as soon as one of the steps in the process is approved these actions will execute.)

3. Final approval steps -  (after the approval steps have been completed, these actions will execute.) 

4. Workflow rule - once your approval process has been completed, are there any workflow rules that are being triggered by, say an updated field or some other newly updated information resulting from the approval process?

My guess is that if it isn't the Approval process it is the workflow that is triggering the extra task.

Hope this helps!