function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mcrosbymcrosby 

Custom report including User data

I am trying to find out if there is a way to develop a custom report for a custom object I've created that includes data from the owner's (user) record?

Each user in my organization has been identified in their user record as belonging to a particular office.  Everyone has the ability to create a custom object that we have developed.

What I would like to do is create a custom report that categories the custom objects by the owner's office location.

For example:

London Office
   - Record1
   - Record2
   - Record3
DC Office
   - Record4
   - Record5

Is this possible out of the box, or do I need to develop some code that populates the custom object with the owner's office location?
mcrosbymcrosby
Well, I was able to do what I needed by creating a trigger and pulling in the Owner office data into the custom object.  I couldn't find any other out-of-the-box way to do this, but if anyone comes across a simpler solution, it would be nice to read about it.
RickyGRickyG
I use Apex Explorer to figure out pretty much all data access questions.  I went in and tried to access the User record and a custom object in the same query, but it didn't seem to accept it.

Glad you found a work-around.