function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
martinnmartinn 

Group.name has nillable == false, but returns rows with IsEmpty == true

I'm using Partner Web Services API Version 11.1 with C#.  describeSObjectResult for the "Group"
object says: "Nillable == false" for the Name field.  This also agrees with documentation on
the Group object in "Force.com Web Services API Developer's Guide".

But when I query Group I get rows (from the default test data) where: "IsEmpty == true".  This
seems incorrect.  I don't get this situation for any other objects (i.e.: other objects always
have data in fields with Nillable set to false).

I'm having a hard time getting an answer to this question because it's being deleted from the forum after I post.  If you're the person deleting my posts, please email me an let me know why.  I'm asking legitimate questions about an apparent issue in the Web Services interface.   If you're a forum admin or moderator please email me if you intend to delete this. 

Thank you,
Martin Nickel

SuperfellSuperfell
I keep moving your posts to the .NET forum, as you say you're using C#, please stop asking the same question in multiple boards.
martinnmartinn

Simon,

I only posted to multiple forumns because my posts "disappeared".  If you'd told me you'd moved them the first time I'd never have posted the 2nd and third.

My guess is it should have stayed in the General forum though, because  it seems to be related to the SOAP interface rather than the development environment.  My suggestion is to create a Web Services forum for this sort of question.  All the posts related to my question (search "nillable") are actually in the Java forum. 

(please feel free to delete this, btw)