function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ngtr9ngtr9 

jasper4salesforce?

hi, i'm looking at jasper4salesforce and trying to figure out what people have been using it for.  can anyone tell me what they've been using it for or point me in the right direction?

thanks,
ng
JasperMattGJasperMattG
ng,

Our customers are using Jasper4Salesforce for a variety of purposes - some of these are as follows:
  • To make reports that previously took many person hours to create available at the click of a mouse (and available to a wider SFDC user audience) - Through the creation of custom reports, reports that previously were comprised of multiple SFDC reports pulled into Excel and manipulated were moved to a single report (Hours of effort on a regular basis to minutes of processing)
  • To be able to generate reports that measure a unique business process - Organizations with needs to measure sales, service, and marketing efforts based on specific metrics have used Jasper4Salesforce to put those metrics in the hands of their sales, marketing, and support teams to drive their performance through visibility.  A highly customized SFDC implementation tends to require custom reports for visibility.
  • To allow salesforce users to establish their own ways for monitoring tasks, to do lists, and performance through self-designed reports that pull in data from several objects
  • To be able to report on multiple objects (including sibling objects - i.e. Accounts with their Contacts and Opportunities)
  • To give users the ability to report with outer joins (all accounts and opportunities, even when an account doesn't have an opportunity)
For the most part, each of our customers has a few specific needs that they are able to meet with Jasper4Salesforce.  In addition, most finf that as they provide the tool out to the general SFDC user population, each user is able to establish metrics to drive their own performance.  Jasper4Salesforce provides flexibility around data access combined with the power of JasperReports for customizing layout that is not otherwise available with SFDC reporting.

A couple of webinars around Jasper4Salesforce:
http://www.jaspersoft.com/webinar_replay_jasper4salesforce_quality_ingredients.html
http://www.jaspersoft.com/webinar_replay_discover_reporting.html

Thanks for your interest.

Matt
JasperSoft

Message Edited by JasperMattG on 01-07-2008 09:39 AM
ngtr9ngtr9
thanks, that helps a lot