function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Velvett FoggVelvett Fogg 

Must I update my WSDL/Jar from 6.0 to 7.0 ?

My interface between my company's website and SF has not been working since the move to 7.0 (I assume that was why the site was down on saturday). Am I now required to update my WSDL and create a new jar?

If so, it would have been nice to have gotten an email warning me about that.. in stead of a phone call from the boss yelling at me.
SuperfellSuperfell
There is no 7.0 yet, yesterdays outage was for the data center move as previously posted on here and on the blog (amongst other ways its been communicated). There have been zero code changes deployed. What's the problem that you're seeing?
ConnectEduConnectEdu
Actually, we are getting a very similar error. No code changes on our side, but ever since your server move on Saturday, when our ColdFusion Axis 1.1 implementation tries to talk to the 6.0 API we get the following Axis exception(s):

Detail: Here is the fault returned when invoking the web service operation:

AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: HTML
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: HTML
at org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeBuilder.startElement(EnvelopeBuilder.java:70)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1048)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown ...

tagContext:
Velvett FoggVelvett Fogg
Simon,

The error we get is " org.apache.axis.NoEndPointException " I have seen that error many many times before. In the past that is the error we get when the SalesForce webservice does not respond. Most of the time I attribute that to web-traffic. Usually I can make the exact same call to the webService, immediately after receiving the error, and the webService responds. Now that you've moved the data center, it seems to be behaving as if it is not running, or unreachable.

Message Edited by Velvett Fogg on 11-14-2005 07:25 AM

SuperfellSuperfell
You have the old DNS entries and/or IP addresses cached or hard coded somewhere, and you're sending requests to a server thats returning a HTML page that basically says that.
ConnectEduConnectEdu
You are correct - Salesforce Helpdesk replied to our case:

---
11/14/2005 10:59 AM | Dana DeMara
Hello Jeff,

We are investigating this and believe it could be a DNS caching issue with coldfusion. Below is a link that provides addtional information from Macromedia help.

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=13115e61

Can you please let me know if this helps?

Thank you,
Dana DeMara
---

Well, we retarted CF Services and it freed up the IP address that was cahced in Java on CF. Worked like a charm.

Thanks again - all I can ask is, was this caching issue discussed or put in the release notes/warnings about your MirrorForce move? We were taken off guard, and had to schedule a load balancing change to bring our servers offline in order so that we could restart CF services.

Jeff
benjasikbenjasik
The caching issue was discussed, and we notified all customers of this possible change.

I apologize that you hit this issue, but happy to hear you are now up and running!