function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MarkerVMarkerV 

Related Lists on Lead Conversion?

Is it possible to have Lead Related Lists become Contact Related Lists upon conversion?

We have related lists associated with a lead, but when we convert the leads to a contact, we must recreate the related list association. Is there a way to have those related lists automatically come accorss with the conversion?
DevAngelDevAngel
Hi MarkerV,

I'm not sure that I completely understand the question. Let me see if this summarizes appropriately. You have lead records that parent other records as indicated by the related lists on the lead. You want to convert these leads then and "bring" the child records to the newly created contact record.

That sound about right? If so, then the child records that CAN be parented by a contact and a lead (based on the defined schema) should be reparented to the new contact record.
MarkerVMarkerV
I think you have it...So if I create a Related List on a Lead called "Referred By" and create another related list on Contact called "Referred By", when I populate the Lead Related List upon conversion those "Referred By" records from the Lead will populate on the Contact? Is there anything I need to do to configure this, or just by having the name the same for both related list allows SF to figure it out?

What if instead of putting the "Referred By" on the Contact, I put it on the Opportunity? Can/will the records assocaite to the opty on conversion?

Thanks..
DevAngelDevAngel
The related list needs to be the same object, not one for contact and one for lead. It may be that this won't work and only is true of standard objects.
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin

Currently Activities are reparented from Leads to Accounts upon conversion but custom objects cannot be, the lack of a custom field like Name (WhoID on activities) makes it tricky but it could be done with Apex by detecting the Lead's associated Account record (ConvertedAccountID) and copying that to an Account field on the custom object to be reparented

There's an idea out there for this one, Lead Conversion - Allow mapping of all Lead Related Lists give it a vote and a comment to help the wizards at Salesforce provide us with this!