function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Grinster650Grinster650 

Custom HYPERLINK; Supressing the Popup window

Is there any way to do a redirect, instead of a popup window using a HYPERLINK formula? I'm referencing an Scontrol, so would like it to behave like a Custom Link with an scontrol that uses parent.frames.

Thanks,
Ryan

Message Edited by Grinster650 on 12-08-2005 01:16 PM

DevAngelDevAngel
Not today, but in an upcoming release you will be able to specify a target such as _top, _blank, _parent etc.
The NoviceThe Novice
Hi Dev,
Is above mentioned feature released in Winter '06 release? If so, how can I redirect instead of opening a new window using a formula field?

Thanks in advance,
DevAngelDevAngel
No, unfortunately, it's not in the winter '06 release. Maybe next release, but I can't make any promises.
kimkim
Hi,

I suppose defining the width and height of the popup is not possible either at the moment?

Kim
kimkim
For now, I added some javascript in the s-control itself to resize the window body onload.

Peter UchytilPeter Uchytil
I would also like the ability to specify the target with the HYPERLINK function. I like the HYPERLINK function because I have a section that deals with the workflow for a custom object (an application form). I find the usability of this separate section better than custom links (see example below). The buttons are created using the Salesforce button creator at gobuki.com (http://www.gokubi.com/buttoncreator.html).

If there are no errors, these buttons return to the same page. Right now that means a separate pop-up window for IE (and Firefox, depending on your pop-up settings) which is confusing to the user. I may have to go back to custom links.

Pete

RRESRRES
Has this been updated yet? I have the same issue and need a way to have a hyperlink field open in the current window instead of a popup. Please advise.
The_FoxThe_Fox
Hello everybody,

Just add a third parameter to your hyperlink formula (param1,param2, '_self') to open in the same window/tab

Regards