function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DragonDragon 

How to retrieve a customer's first, last names and email from salesforce database.

Hi,

Is there an API available that we can use to retrieve a user's first, last names and email address?

I heard there is a contactID associated to be a primary key in the database?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
Philip
dhruvadhruva
Depends on what *you* know about the customer. If you do know the ContactId, then you can use the 'retrieve' call and ask for FirstName, LastName and Email. If you don't know the ContactId, then you'll have to tell us a bit more about how you are identifying the customer.

By the way, I'm assuming you mis-spoke when you said User in your post - a User would generally be one of your employees.
DragonDragon
Hi,

Thank you for replying to my question.

I am with WebEx company. We have a customer who uses sforce to track their customers. When they schedule a meeting and invite an attendee, they want to be to pull the attendee's information from sforce database. I assume sforce has an API that we can use to pull that information, correct? All we need just a contactID?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Philip
dhruvadhruva
Philip,
Check the documentation on the retrieve call. If you know the contactID, it's easy to pull the rest of the information. But ...

It's still not clear to me how you know the contactID before making the call. From your description, it sounds like you would know the Contact's name and email (you are scheduling a meeting!), and you would want to pull the *rest* of that Contact's information. Or maybe you know name and phone number.
Rick.BanisterRick.Banister
I can help you with integrations. My company sells a database integration product, Relational Junction for Salesforce, that allows 2-way synchronization between your Salesforce org and a local database (Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL, or Sybase). You get a data warehouse that is a perfect copy of your Salesforce.org with no design work.

We have many customers that have integrated a variety of applications and products by simple database-to-database transforms, since Relational Junction handles all the Salesforce heavy lifting.

You can contact me directly at Rick.Banister@sesamesoftware.com or visit http://www.sesamesoftware.com to download documentation or request a product demo. This is a very pain-free and automated product which could have you a replication warehouse in minutes with no design work.
DragonDragon
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

You are correct, the ContactID is the key to retrieve the rest of the information. This, ContactID, needs to be input by the customers themselves, then that will trigger a retrieve call somehow. We want to pull customer's first, last names and email address when joining the WebEx meeting.

Would you please give me a hint on where or what documents I should looking into? Which API?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Philip
SuperfellSuperfell
Use the Partner API, see the resources tab for sample code & api docs.