function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BKBK 

How come there is no 2ND Address field in SF?

Is there a reason why there isn't a 2nd address field in sf? Currently we are using the address field which also contains the suite or apt number for that street. Is there a reason y this was not developed? We are experience some difficulty spearating the address fields
ScotScot
As you've found, the street address field is a single text area field with newline (linefeed) character at the end of each line.

I suspect that part of the reason is that this solution handles any number of lines (I have some where there are four lines) without requiring separate handling of four - or maybe five - separate fields. Mind you, I'm not thrilled with the situation. But it does have the advantage of handling odd cases where there are many lines.

In most cases, you should be able to split the value by looking for the new line character (decimal value of 10).

The one case where you're hosed is with the weekly export files. The default export (as of about a year ago) automatically removes all the newline characters. There is an option to override this deletion and leave them in. Don't ask me why it's not the default.