function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
theitdeptrockstheitdeptrocks 

Bulk creation of Recurring Tasks

We have two levels of clients, those with a service level of 'A' and those with 'B'. This is designated on the Opportunity. Each Opportunity has a Client Relationship Manager (employee) assigned and this is also on the Opportunity.

We would like to create monthly tasks assigned to the Client Relationship Managers to reach out to their 'A' level clients. He would like to have one task per opportunity assigned to the correct Client Relationship Manager. 

There are about 200 'A' level clients that will need to be contact monthly by their CRM.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GeraldineGrayGeraldineGray

If you have EE or above you can download Action Plans from the AppExchange for free.

You can create templates to create a set of tasks (which can be dependent if you wish) on any object eg Sales Calling Plan where you call a client every 30 days, visit them every 120, take them to lunch every 360 etc.

Fantastic app and totally free!

All Answers

If you have EE or above you can download Action Plans from the AppExchange for free.

You can create templates to create a set of tasks (which can be dependent if you wish) on any object eg Sales Calling Plan where you call a client every 30 days, visit them every 120, take them to lunch every 360 etc.

Fantastic app and totally free!

This was selected as the best answer

Forgot to mention that yes, you can apply the same template to multiple records at the same time ergo mass creating tasks.

Thanks for the recommendation!  I'll check it out now.

This is a great app and would definitely fulfil my need if the "Assigned To" field was not a User lookup.  For me, this field needs to be dynamic and reference a field on the Opportunity.

You can customize it to your hearts content though.

Exactly, gotta love the AppExchange.

Thanks for the find again!