function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
adiazadiaz 

Can't get Email-to-Case working

I have followed the instructions on how to get this working. I send test emails to the email service address created by salesforce when I activated the Email-to-Case and it does not create a case. I looked at the System Log and there is no entry regarding this. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

AD

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
adiazadiaz

I logged a case on salesforce and was able to solve the problem. There were 2 required fields (requirement set at field level) that prevented the case from being created via email.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf

So you turned on On Demand Email To Case and it created an address for you?  And you're sending emails to this address?  Have you verified that the address you're sending to is correct?

Do you have any validation rules on Case that might be stopping it from being created?  Does the Email To Case user you configured actually have access to the record type of Case that it's trying to create?

adiazadiaz

Thanks for your help! Answers to your questions below:

So you turned on On Demand Email To Case and it created an address for you?  Yes

And you're sending emails to this address? Yes

Have you verified that the address you're sending to is correct? Yes

Do you have any validation rules on Case that might be stopping it from being created? No

Does the Email To Case user you configured actually have access to the record type of Case that it's trying to create? Where can i define the Email To Case "User"?

werewolfwerewolf

The "User" is the Automated Case User in Setup | Customize | Cases | Support Settings.  Make sure that user has access to all record types of Case.

adiazadiaz

The Automated Case User has System Administrator Rights.

werewolfwerewolf

Even if that user has admin rights, you still have to give his profile access to the record type.

adiazadiaz

The user has access to all the record types. I tried checking the log files and no action occurs when i send the email. Additional ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Nancyt62Nancyt62

I had this problem recently and it was because the person who set up the routing in Outlook did not click on the link to verify the connection.

I know you said that you verified you are sending it to the correct address but did you "Verify" the connection? You can view this in the Email to Case screen in Setup. It will either say Pending or Verified.

adiazadiaz

I logged a case on salesforce and was able to solve the problem. There were 2 required fields (requirement set at field level) that prevented the case from being created via email.

This was selected as the best answer
sean*harrisonsean*harrison

But how does one troubleshoot this? ie. how does one debug the Case creation?

seattle_devseattle_dev

Thanks for the help on this. You definately saved me some time!

Neha Sameen 1Neha Sameen 1
i have varified the link but still case is not creating in salesforce org. Error is Invalid assignment group. So, we also have to setup any rule also under caseassingment rule or anything else.? pleas help
Kate Colson 17Kate Colson 17
We have so many Record Types / Cases coming in from a ton of emails - thank you @adiz for the heads up!