function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BARJRDBARJRD 

Change label on a standard button

Is it possible to change the label on a standard button on a standard Salesforce page (e.g., change "Add Product" to "Add Line Item")?  I could create a custom button ---- but how do I find the appropriate Button/Link URL to include for Add Product functionality?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

If you have a SControl embedded in Standard detail page, the label of the standard button could be changed.

I did it earlier. Let me know if you are using it.

If you are not using SControls try to get the URL of the button and add to your custom button code. Make few changes to make it work

{!URLFOR($Action.<<StandardObject>>.<<Button Name>>)}

All Answers

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

If you have a SControl embedded in Standard detail page, the label of the standard button could be changed.

I did it earlier. Let me know if you are using it.

If you are not using SControls try to get the URL of the button and add to your custom button code. Make few changes to make it work

{!URLFOR($Action.<<StandardObject>>.<<Button Name>>)}

This was selected as the best answer
BARJRDBARJRD

Thanks!  Just needed to add a parameter - {!URLFOR($Action.OpportunityLineItem.AddProduct, Opportunity.Id )}

elpaso750elpaso750

Hi,

this looks filling our need.

Does this work for custom object as well ?

It's not clear where should I put the {URLFOR($Action.CustomObject.buttonname)}

I mean this would just redirect the custom button to the existing action ? or would actually change the label of the button on a standard page.

thanks

Alex

ssuarla1.3456475274217756E12ssuarla1.3456475274217756E12

Hi Imran,

I am working on lead page in salesforce and i want to change the label  on standard button "Find duplicates" to "Find duplicates/Convert ".I want the functionlaity working the same just need to change the label name.I am new to salesforce and i need to know that how can i change the name. please help me

thanks

salesh