function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AsshAssh 

Custom Field label length

Hi All,

I want to create a custom field whose field label is very long. I do not know how to increase the field label size. I checked custom label. but in the help it says we can access custom label throgh Apex or VisualForce. If anyone has an idea how to have longer field labels please help me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Assh

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Custom Field Label length cannot exceed 40 chars.

Even if you try using Custom Labels, you cannot exceed 80 chars for the label.

Its better you log a case and check with Salesforce support whether the length of label can be increased to the desire number you want.

AsshAssh

Thank you very much for your response. I will check with Salesforce support.

AndyPandyAndyPandy

Hi Assh,

I know it's been a very long time since this was posted, but I have encountered the same issue and was wondering if you had had any luck increasing the number of characters allowed in your field label?

Thanks,

Andy

Victor19Victor19

Hi Assh,

I currently have the same requirement and I was wondering if you had had any luck in increasing the number of characters in your field label?

Thanks!

Keerthi Gupta,Keerthi Gupta,
I posted my solution in salesforce idea page. hope this is helpfull to others

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000Y2HMAA0&sort=2#
Praveen BonaluPraveen Bonalu
Hi Keerthi,

Can you please explain in detail.I am facing the same issue with  limits.I have gone through the link you have posted .but it doesn't give any kind of idea.can  you please elaborate your answer .

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Praveen 
Keerthi Gupta,Keerthi Gupta,
Hi Praveen,

We have achieved this in 2 ways
-> We have used a long text data type nd when creating a field we have used the default text value as field label and made it as read only and we created another field were it stores the value of field. So, we have two field one which shows the label of the field and the other field which store the values.
-> Same like above we create a picklist field by adding field label as one picklist value as a default value an made it as read only. PFA.Hope it helps you it saved us a lot of time from avoiding VF pages for just because of field label limitation

User-added image