function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gtuerkgtuerk 

Apex Data Loader hangs when inserting Content

The publish process seems to be successful but the data loader hangs for a long period of time while the publishing process completes.  It also doesn't tell you the interim number of successes/failures so you can determine how well the upload is working.  I'm using v17 of the data loader.  Once you cancel the operation, control will eventually return to the hanging app and the results are presented
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
gtuerkgtuerk
Batch size of 1 in my Data Loader settings allows me to process ~300 content insert/hr.  While not ideal, this is at least workable.

All Answers

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

I have'nt faced this issue yet!

How large is ur file? is the process successful when you click cancel?

Cool_D

gtuerkgtuerk
Process is successful when I cancel.  The total file size was around 30MB with 30 files.  This far exceeded my dev env storage limit (I was forced to delete the docs in order to add any other data (file or otherwise)).  I didn't notice this loading onesy twosy uploads but am about to upload ~4k files with about 4GB of total size in production so we'll see what happens when I do that
gtuerkgtuerk

My upload of a batch of 4800 documents failed.  Twice.  With the fun little exception Java Heap Space.  I am now reducing my upload to 100 documents to see if that'll work.  Data Loader has been spinning with the Loading: insert statement for around 5 minutes.  I think that's enough time to cancel and see if it was successful. 

What scale has been demonstrated with loading through the Content API?

gtuerkgtuerk
Batch size of 1 in my Data Loader settings allows me to process ~300 content insert/hr.  While not ideal, this is at least workable.
This was selected as the best answer
Amit chaudharyAmit chaudhary

Hi

i am facing the following error when i am tryng to fetch data from the "sf_product" table.

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 19.0\bin\process.bat D:\SFDC_LANE7\conf UpsertMediaProduct

2012-11-02 02:30:13,124 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:391) - The log has been initialized

2012-11-02 02:30:13,139 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:78) - Loading process configuration from config file: D:\SFDC_LANE7\conf\process-conf.xml

2012-11-02 02:30:19,124 INFO  [UpsertMediaProduct] action.AbstractLoadAction execute (AbstractLoadAction.java:130) - Loading Using Bulk API: upsert

2012-11-02 02:30:19,124 INFO  [UpsertMediaProduct] database.DatabaseContext setSqlParamValues (DatabaseContext.java:179) - SQL using parameter value process.lastRunDate = 2012-10-30 08:44:26.461

2012-11-02 02:30:19,233 INFO  [UpsertMediaProduct] database.DatabaseContext setSqlParamValues (DatabaseContext.java:179) - SQL using parameter value process.lastRunDate = 2012-10-30 08:44:26.461

2012-11-02 02:30:19,327 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:214) - Unable to run process UpsertMediaProduct

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

ECHO is off.

ERRORLEVEL=-1

my query in database-conf.xml is following:-

select column1,......,column N from  SF_PRODUCTS WHERE ( ODS_CREATED_DATE > @process.lastRunDate@ OR ODS_LAST_UPDATED_DATE > @process.lastRunDate@ )  AND MATERIAL_TYPE LIKE'ZMF%'

Any one can help me how to solve this problem.