function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lucena69lucena69 

Can't get Case Close Template email to be sent

Hi,

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but I'm not able to get a Case Close Template email to be sent.

I've checked the Support Settings and I'm using the same template for Case Creation Template as for Case Close Template. (The SAMPLE: Case Response one).

When I create a case in the Salesforce UI, I do receive a Case Creation e-mail.

However when I go now and close the case. I get no e-mail.

Been playing around for the past hour but can't get it to work. Maybe it's something silly i'm overlooking?

Any thoughts/help/suggestions to look into would be great.

Thanks,

-lucena

werewolfwerewolf
The case close template will send an email notifying the contact on the case.  Does your case have a contact on it, and does that contact have an email address that you have access to?
lucena69lucena69

Hi werewolf,

Yes it does. I am indeed getting the Case Creation email so it should use the same contact record/info to send me the Close Case e-mail is what I was hoping.

Thanks,

-lucena

werewolfwerewolf
Well, there probably is a simple explanation for it and you might log a support case for it.  Meanwhile, you could just make a workflow rule with criteria of Closed = True and an email alert to the Case Contact field with that exact same template.  That should do it anyway.
lucena69lucena69

Yeah i tried that too. No dice.

There must be something abnormal happening.

Thanks for your help.

-lucena

werewolfwerewolf
Did you make sure you activated your workflow rule?  Are you sure the statuses that you think are closed are really set to Closed?
lucena69lucena69

I'm using the Close Case button on the case. That brings me to the close case page layout where i can type more stuff.

After that the case has Status=closed.

I have other Auto-Repsonse Rules set-up and they work work. I made a simple one "Status equals Closed" and that never fires either.

-lucena

werewolfwerewolf
Well, that sounds like a job for a support case.  You might try going to Setup->Monitoring->Debug Logs, turn on a debug log for yourself, and close a case to see if your workflow is firing there.  That might be enlightening.