function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jonherrmannjonherrmann 

How do I create a follow-up task from a custom object?

We created a custom object for logging a meeting. When completing the form to log a meeting, I want my staff members to be able to automatically enter follow-up task information right into the form before it is saved. This will be easier for them than if they need to do it as a separate action after saving. A good example is the follow-up task that is embedded into a lead conversion.

Does anyone know the right place for me to look? I have a programmer helping me who understands Salesforce better, but she didn't know the answer off hand.

Thanks,

Jon 

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

Maybe, you can create a custom VF screen, wherein you can add the requisite taks fields which the user can fill up and in the controller, you can fetch these and create a follow up task, they way you want to ;)

Cool_D

WmWm

Hi Jon,

For this you may need to override the save functionality on your custom object. Write a Apex class and VF page for the task creation functionality and override the standard save button. If you already have theprogrammer then I ma sure she will be able to do the Apex class and VF page. For the heads up I suggest to keep looking into the developer forum.

Thanks

Wm