function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
amit mittalamit mittal 

can we display a Dashboard into a VF page

Hi,

My requirement is " I want to save a dashboard in PDF/PPT(power point) format. Pirioty as ppt format"

My approach is : I am developing a VF page where I will display the dashboard & then using renderAs attribute I will be able to save it as .pdf file as I am not having any idea on saving it as a .ppt file.

1. Is there any way that I can save dashboard as .ppt file?

2.Is there any way that if I cant save the dashboard as .ppt then I can save it as .pdf somehow?

If any one has any idea/suggesion then please share with me.

Thanks,

Amit

WmWm
I have done visualforce page as a dashboard but not really the other way. You might give the merge field template a shot, if putting in word solves your purpose.
Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

You can try the other way around too ;)

Try this - "https://na3.salesforce.com/01Z50000000FWz7?m=poll&hp=1&refresh=1"

Here, replace the ID with your dashboard's ID and include in your VF page using an IFrame! 

I don't think merge templates will work here. As far as, renderAs is concerned, as of now it works only with PDF and not for PPT.

Maybe, you can try using "contentType" attribute and see if you can generate PPT. I am doubtful though as i have'nt tried my myself!

Cool_D 

brunol11brunol11
Rajat MahajanRajat Mahajan

Hi Guys,

Using iFrame also for displaying Dashboards keeps the header (sfdc logo and tabs) can these be removed and only the reports be shown ?

Regards

Rajat.