function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajesh ShahRajesh Shah 

Account Team with Child Object while creating a Report Type

I am having a problem in creating a report type. Before the problem, let me explain the relationship between the objects.

I have object A as child of Account and object B as child of A. So its like Account -> Object A -> Object B. I need to create a report with the details from Account, Object A and Object B. This can be done using report Type. However, it is also required to summarize the information based on the roles defined in Account Team. This kind of relationship cannot be created in Report Type. 

Is there any way, that this is possible to do using Out of the box functionality? If not, what are the alternatives?

Regards,

Rajesh

sorenkrabbesorenkrabbe

I have the same requirement (I need to report on the Account object joined with another object, but filtered on members of Account Team), and I'm facing the same questions...

Have you come closer to a solution, Rajesh?

Rajesh ShahRajesh Shah

What we did was created fields on Client for each role. For e.g. if there a role X in Account Team Roles, we had a field X. Using a backend stored procedure, the data on the field was syncronized with the data in Account Team. Once we had the data on Client, we could then use that in report.

Let me know if there is a better way to do this.