function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mromanimromani 

How to create a person account

I would like to have the following: If i want to add a company with one or more contacts our Salesforce DB, then we take the usual route: Create Account (parent). Then we create a contact, and associate it the the Account (for business that is B to B).

But what if i'm doing business B to C. I dont want to create an Account with the name of the person, and then an extra record for the Contact info. Its like having 2 records pointing to the same person. In this case i'd like to only create an account (being the person) containing all relevant info, no need to create a contact since this person is the same.

Is there some way to do this?

I have heard about Person Accounts, how do they work? How can i create a new Person Account for each new customer i have for my B to C?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

Create a record type for Account, and a record type for Person Account (under Account section in Setup). Then when you try to create an Account, you'll be given an intermediary page asking what type of Account to create, Person or Account.

Best,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

You will need to contact Salesforce Support to enable this feature, but read this guide first, so you've setup your org properly.

Best,

Sati

mromanimromani
ok, we have the feature enabled, but i need to know how do i now use it? How do i create accounts for individual clients as "Personal Accounts"? What do i click?
shillyershillyer

Create a record type for Account, and a record type for Person Account (under Account section in Setup). Then when you try to create an Account, you'll be given an intermediary page asking what type of Account to create, Person or Account.

Best,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
Archana BattaArchana Batta
I see this is a very old post. But i hope it's never late to provide right info. Hope this helps to developers like me who are still searching for this question.

Below is the link with complete details about person account and its configuration details. Hope it helps.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/200/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_B2C_implementation_guide.pdf

Thanks & Regards,
B Archana