function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BigRobBigRob 

Better Time tracking for case comments

I use case comments for working on Client Service cases

I would like to better track time spent working on cases (preferably by day)

I've created a custom object called "Comment Time Tracking" and associated a custom field called HoursSpent

When I add a case comment, I want to be able to update the HoursSpent field in the custom object.

Any idea's on how to do this?

There are triggers related to 'Case Comments'. Is it possible to do this with a trigger or perhaps a workflow rule?

If so, what would it look like and where could I get the HoursSpent information from the user?

Is it possible to popup a window and request the information when they add a comment?

werewolfwerewolf

The only way you can really do this is to replace the case comment entry screen with a new Visualforce page of your making which would both add a case comment and add one of your Comment Time Tracking objects also.

May I suggest that a better route may be to have your agents use the case status as an indicator of whether they're actively working a case or not?  You could then use the Case Age In Business Hours app on AppExchange to tally up the time they spent on a case vs. the time it spent sitting waiting for a customer response.

ShahafShahaf

We have a native appWorkIt!, that tracks time spent on cases, you can easily create reports by day.  

It automatically tracks time thru any activity that you perform on your case including comments.

take a look, I believe it will be a good solution for you.

AppExchange: Link

Hassan RazaHassan Raza

Hi,

I would like to share all about Time Billing Softwares.

TimeSolv, online time tracking and billing software has been used since 1999 by small to medium sized law firms, management and marketing professional service firms, engineering and IT consultants, and health service providers throughout the world.

For details one can contact them at:

http://www.timesolv.com/
TimeSolv Corporation
3432 Denmark Avenue, # 105
Eagan, MN 55123